A Community Project (Contest)
Grand Prize: $250
Contest Start Date: May 2, 2020 12:00 p.m.
Contest Deadline: May 18, 2020 5:00 p.m.
Make a two (2) minute video (Spanish or English): on Negative Health Effects of Cell Towers, supported by a three (3) slide PowerPoint Presentation.
How-To Submit an entry: Email to: LA@LAOrtega.com
1. Attach completed PowerPoint file to email.
2. Include uploaded video link in body of email
3. Write a brief narrative in the body of the email explaining what you are submitting, and why you think it should be chosen as the winning contest entry.
4. First 50 entries will be posted on website where the public will have a chance to provide extra input on the best story, both video and PowerPoint Presentation
How will Presentations and Video be judged?
1. 50% on new information not currently on website
– Compelling stories of negative health effects of cell towers to humans
– Need to change the law preventing community’s health challenges
2. 25% Clear message in presentation and video
3. 25% Artistic punch, did it make you feel it?
Contest Deliverable by 5/18/20 at 5:00 p.m.
1. PowerPoint presentation (3 slides)
2. Video (2 minutes, uploaded to YouTube)
- PowerPoint Presentation – three slide presentation must cover the history of the struggle to stop the cell tower at La Casa Del Mexicano. The information will be taken from the background information provided on the website: http://laortega.com/pueblito-fuerte. The Problem Statement must be here.
- What is the Potential Solution, where are we at right now? Describe the situation today, and possible solutions forward. Describe the challenges incurred to date.
- Show what Step One is. Next Show how to accomplish Step One of changing the law.
- The Video will cover: (100 maximum possible points)
- struggle to stop the cell tower at La Casa Del Mexicano (30pts)
- http://laortega.com/pueblito-fuerte. The Problem Statement(10pts)
- Potential Solution, situation today, challenges incurred to date(20 pts)
- Next Step in Addressing this Issue (20pts)
- ID Frame: Name, Company, Producer, Director, Editor (10Pts)
- Video Must Have Title Frame at Beginning of Video as well as At The End of Video (10pts)
Who Can Enter? Boyle Heights and East L.A. Families Only
Winner Will Be Announced via Live Podcast Address by L.A. Ortega 12:00 p.m. on May 19th.